Photography has always been important in telling a great story but the considerable growth of technology and social media channels now means everyone frequently uses it to communicate all aspects of their lives. But how do you maintain and grow awareness of an iconic yet traditional brand in the face of competition?
Our role is to create an overarching communication strategy and deliver engaging content that delivers consumer awareness across all of Nikon’s 28 countries, including:
- Consistent message across all comms platforms
- High quality, consistent consumer media coverage
- Shareable social media content
- Wider engagement from online influencers (e.g. bloggers) and photographic community (including pro photographers)
- Education for Nikon’s communication specialists
Over the last year our work includes:
- Delivering creative consumer campaigns – from showcasing the speed of the D500 with MMA artist, Tom Duquesnoy to shooting urban decay in Bilkyrkogården Kyrkö Mosse – a car “cemetery” in Sweden
- Supporting European events such as Photkina – developing messaging and press materials; identifying top tier media and influencers and toolkits on engaging them; and social content
- Influencer strategy – outlining how to extend Nikon’s communication beyond traditional media to social media, blogs and influential photographers
- Upskilling the markets on all comms aspects – developing and hosting the Nikon Comms Academy series, tailored to country needs
- Strategic advice on issues and crisis
What’s more our communications delivers impact – our creative campaign to launch Nikon 1 (The Big Hands) saw the camera become the number one seller in it’s category in all participating markets.